In September, world leaders are coming to New York City for a UN summit on the climate crisis. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is urging governments to support an ambitious global agreement to dramatically reduce global warming pollution.
With our future on the line and the whole world watching, we’ll take a stand to bend the course of history. We’ll take to the streets to demand the world we know is within our reach: a world with an economy that works for people and the planet; a world safe from the ravages of climate change; a world with good jobs, clean air and water, and healthy communities.
To change everything, we need everyone on board.
Sunday, September 21 in New York City. Join us.
JOIN THE PITTSBURGH MOBILZITION FOR T
HE PEOPLES CLIMATE MARCH
Environmental, labor, community and faith based groups here in Pittsburgh are mobilizing
to travel to New York for the People’s Climate March and to build our local movement to stop climate change! Here’s how you can get your organization involved in the mobilization:
- Join the over 550 organizations around the world that have signed on to the call to action! Get your organization to formally sign onto the call to action! Sign on at http://peoplesclimate.org/participating-organizations/
- Recruit members of your organization to go to New York on September 21! Two busses are leaving from Pittsburgh—sign up to register for your seat today http://tinyurl.com/PGHClimateMarch
- Make a donation to organizations mobilizing for the event to defray the cost of busses and provide scholarships to help low-income people to travel to New York! E-mail email@example.com to find out how to donate.
- Organize an event here in Pittsburgh on the 21st in solidarity with the NYC Mobilization.
- Help us organize a local event in earl September to build up excitement for the march! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to get involved.
For more information or to find out other ways to get your organization involved in the People’s Climate March, e-mail email@example.com